Sunrise Gondola on Mount Ahorn
Every Thursday from 2 July, between 5:15 and 6:30 a.m., the Ahornbahn, Austria’s largest gondola, takes early birds up to the Ahorn Plateau, where they can enjoy the beautiful sunrise from the Zillertal viewing platform over a nice cup of hot tea. As you watch the sun’s rays rise above the peaks of the Zillertal Alps and slowly turn from bluish purple to bright pink to warm gold, you’ll realize that getting up so early was well worth the effort. This fascinating spectacle of nature briefly gives a mystical aura to the mountains of Mayrhofen. There’s no better way to start the day!Our tip for all mountaineers: Start your hike to the Ahornspitze or the Aschaffenburger Höhenweg early in the morning!
Sunsrise Gondola facts:
- The Sunrise Gondola is offered every Thursday from 2 July 2020.
- The Ascent with the Ahornbahn takes place between 5.15 and 6.30 a.m.
- The first descent is possibe at 7:00 a.m.
- On the Zillertal viewing platform a self-service tea buffet is waiting for you.
- Clothing: We recommend sturdy shoes and a jacket or jumper, as the temperatures on the mountain can be quite low early in the morning.
- The Zillertal Activcard is also valid for the Sunrise Gondola.
Ascent times with the Sunrise GondolaJuly, 2020 02 July at 05.15 a.m. 09 July at 05.30 a.m. 16 July at 05.30 a.m. 23 July at 05.45 a.m. 30 July at 06.00 a.m.August, 2020 06 August at 06.00 a.m. 13 August at 06.15 a.m. 20 August at 06.30 a.m. 27 August at 06.30 a.m.
Breakfast on Mount Ahorn at the AhornhütteTake the opportunity and enjoy a wonderful breakfast at the Ahornhütte after sunrise!
- Prior written or telephone registration or booking via myZillertal.app
- Price: € 18,00 adults / € 11,00 children (up to 14 years)