When the weather outside is frightful, inside is so delightful!
When the weather isn’t playing ball, make the best of it. Apparently, there is no such thing as “bad weather” just the wrong clothes! Therefore, we have put together a selection of the 5 best all-weather suggestions to pass the time until the sun is shining again.
1. For shopaholics and bargain hunters Mayrhofen’s “Main Street” is quite famous in the Ziller Valley and is like one big shopping mall. Here you will find all of the major fashion brands as well as offers to suit all budgets. If you are looking for winter sports articles you will be thoroughly spoilt for choice. The range of fashionable snow sport apparel and the latest ski and snowboard equipment is enough to make any winter sports fan’s heart beat a little faster. So don’t worry if you forgot to pack something, you are sure to find what you are looking for in Mayrhofen.
2. For caffeine junkies and those with a sweet tooth Relax and watch the world go by in one of the small cosy cafés in the centre of Mayrhofen. Try Austria’s special coffee types such as a ‘Verlängerter’ or a ‘kleiner brauner’ and enjoy
a slice of homemade cake or a Ziller Valley delicacy with it.
3. For the whole family Glitter, glamour and illusion await you at the Crystal Worlds in Wattens. This unique installation rightly deserves its reputation as one of the most popular visitor attractions in Austria. The breath-taking exhibition of crystals in “the magic kingdom of the giant” is a fun day out for all of the family. Save valuable time queuing to get in and book your entrance tickets online. The Swarovski Kristallwelten will open up their doors to visitors again on the 29th of May 2020.
4. Calling all water enthusiasts If you’re going to get wet, get soaking wet! And how about a good dose of adrenaline too? This invigorating combination is guaranteed when taking part in adventure sports such as canyoning, rafting or tubing. These weather-dependent tours are graded at different levels from family-friendly to high-action. Professional guides accompany you through your wet and wild experience. Your outfit - a wetsuit - and all other equipment will be provided. Book your tour quickly and easily in the myZillertal.app store. Book your Canyoning Adventure in the Zemmschlucht now: Book your Rafting Action in the Ziller Valley right now:
5. A quick tipple for “inner warmth” The saying goes, “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”. However, in the Ziller Valley it’s “a schnapps a day”! Over the years, schnapps has evolved into a refined spirit and now has a reputation as a high quality regional product. Visit a schnapps distillery to find out about
the production methods and try your hand at distilling your own spirit.Book a schnapps distilling session: