Packlist for your summer holiday in the Ziller Valley
Summer, sunshine and lots of fresh, mountain air. The countdown to the summer season in the mountains has begun and you can hardly wait! But, have you started thinking about what you need to pack? Or does the thought of it make your head start to spin? Don’t worry. We are here to help: read on to find out the “8 most important MUST HAVES” that you need to remember.
MUST HAVE 1Personal documentation - for check-in and in case anyone asks and an honest face isn’t enough!
- valid photo ID or passport
- driving license and car documentation if you are travelling by car
- insurance documents
MUST HAVE 2Money – for those little (or large) purchases. Treat yourself – you’re on holiday!
- credit card
- debit card
- cash (e.g. for refreshments in mountain huts)
MUST HAVE 3Tickets – without these you might have a long way to walk!
- flight or train ticket
- seat reservations
- vignette for the Austrian motorways
MUST HAVE 4Your favourite mountain gear – only the best equipment will help you reach the summit.
- hiking boots and poles
- hiking t-shirts and trousers
- fleece jumper, socks and waterproofs
- headband, hat and gloves (it can get chilly on the mountain)
- sunglasses, sun cream and cap
MUST HAVE 5Everything for some action and adventure
- trekking shoes or good trainers
- drinking bottle
- lots of energy and enthusiasm!
MUST HAVE 6Warm clothes for the warm season – in the mountains it can sometimes get cold even in the summer (especially at altitude)
- warm jacket
- cosy jumper
- warm socks
MUST HAVE 7:Less is more and what you don’t bring with you, you don’t need. Or you can buy it in resort. However, here are a few tips of things to squeeze in if you have space.
- sun cream
- contact lenses and accessories
- first aid kit
- mobile phone and charger
- books or an e-book
MUST HAVE 8:Party, spas and gourmet experiences – for some down-time after an action-packed day.
- clothes for your inner party animal
- swimming costume
- your birthday suit for the sauna!
- smart clothes for a special meal out